Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bon Voyage

James Chott, a friend and one of the gamers in my Sunday D&D game has accepted a position at Upper Deck, so he's moving to Carlsbad this week. I helped him move some things into storage yesterday. I wasn't able to stay for long because I had to get back for an hour or two of phone calls, but it was good to see him and wish him luck on his move, new home, and new job. Now I wish I was going to the San Diego Comic Con this year, but that's not in the cards.

I am going to Origins and GenCon, however, so I'm sure I'll see him at both of those shows.

People keep asking about Julia since her surgery and I'm happy to report that she's completely recovered and it seems that it worked; she hasn't had any sharp, shooting pains since and the scars are almost completely healed. She's been very excited about supplying jewelry to the Seattle Art Museum lately. She delivered a bunch of pieces to the buyer last month and she emailed to say that almost all of it was gone and they wanted more. Woohoo! Like I said, she's very excited.

I've been busy interviewing, trying to get my company up and running, and doing some freelancing. All of which is going well, but it seems to be coming to a head this week and I can't really predict what's going to pop first, so it could be an interesting time for me.

Monday I had a very nice, very good interview with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) marketing division of Microsoft for a 6-month contract position. It looks like interesting work with a lot of coordination and administration work that I'm sure I could do quite well.

I've been saying it forever, but Red Juggernaut is just on the verge of getting up and running. We've received some funding and we're pressing hard for more. Jim's hoping to have good news by the end of the week.

I have to run out to a meeting right now, so I'll sign off.

Oh, but I should mention that we've started receiving and watching the third season of Deadwood via Netflix and it's thoroughly enjoyable.

Also, if you're a gamer and you haven't tried Savage Worlds, now you can do it for a paltry $9.99. Do it.

1 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 6:29 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Sounds like you're very busy! And good busy vs bad busy.

I'm sending you many good universal harmonics!

Congratulations to Julia both on her speedy recovery and the success of her art business! Aimee's at the Spring Green Art Fair this weekend, so, ya know, if ya happen to be in Spring Green . .. .

Congrats also to Joe on the new job. Less congrats to you on losing the immediate contact with a good friend and roleplaying co-conspirator! (see, see how it feels? Bwa hahaha!)

-Kevin R-R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home