Sunday, June 24, 2007

279

For the first time since my sophomore year of college, I weigh under 280 lbs. How cool it that?

I woke up this morning and decided to hop on the scale because I hand't done so in a while. Just the day before I was commenting to Julia how annoyed I was that 280 seemed to be another plateau for me and that I hadn't been able to break through it, then this morning I stepped on the scale and there it was; 279.

I know that it's not huge to be down a single pound from 280, but it's actually a pretty significant accomplishment. Apart from being lighter than I was my sophomore year of college (at least the one time I remember weighing myself that year), it also means I've lost 101 lbs. since actively trying to lose weight. It's taken me 7 years, but I've lost 101 lbs as opposed to adding more on. That's definitely a good thing.

In non-weight-related news. I just finished running my first D&D game sans James. He's probably on his way to Carlsbad as I type this. The was fine, nothing super-cool happened, but they did manage to survive an encounter with a huge fire elemental, which was a pretty big deal and they wrapped up their current adventure. Not too much other than that. Oh, except Kristian has joined the group; he's playing a Druid who is so far named "Elf."

Julia and I went to the Gem & Jewelry Show yesterday, so she could pick up a passel of supplies. She's been busily cataloging everything and making new pieces to take to the Seattle Art Museum. She found some great stones and beads that will look great once she works her magic.

I've been playing Pokemon on the Nintendo DS for research purposes. I may post about the game a bit more some other day. I'm still collecting my thoughts.

Right now, I'm going to go upstairs and read more of Gardens of the Moon, I read to a little more than half-way through (and it's great!), then started doing some game reading and I really want to get back to it. Especially because I have a ton of re-reading and note-taking to do for George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, because I'm contributing to the role-playing game. Considering how much there is to read and the topics I have to write about, I'll be spending a lot of my reading time with my nose buried in those books again. They're great books, so I don't mind too much, but I'd definitely prefer to read something new instead. S'okay, it's a paying gig and it'll be fun regardless.

3 Comments:

At June 25, 2007 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment. I know that losing a hundred pounds and a pound has required significant focus and effort.

(OK, I'd say 101 pounds, but you segued into D&D talk, and why not utilize Gygaxian verbiage and phraseology when granted the opportunity?)

 
At June 26, 2007 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, Jon!!! Post some pictures.

-Scott

 
At July 05, 2007 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, pictures involving the lint in your manly bellybutton being visible....mmm....fuzzy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home