Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Honeymoon, Part VIII

A very sad day.

We had to take care of some things around the rental house first thing in the morning, so we were up before 7:00am to take out the garbage, turn off lights, and lock up the key. Then we packed up the car, headed down the mountain, and stopped for breakfast at Buns in the Sun -- the workers knew who we were by this point and Julia and I still sort of chuckle about that. What can I say? They made good food.

We ate our food in the car on the way to the airport and stopped along the way to refill the gas tank. Once we dropped off the car we took the shuttle to the airport and sat around in the open air. It was much too hot and humid to be enjoyable, but we said our good-byes and then it was time for me to board my plane. (I was headed back to San Jose and Julia was on a later flight to Seattle, so we were splitting up here.)

It was a wonderful week and neither of us wanted it to end.

Our flights back were fine. I managed to move to a seat with more room, which was excellent, and the trip back didn't seem very long at all. I returned before 10:00pm (lost three hours due to the time difference) and Julia called me when she got in just before 11:00pm. So we were both safely home and ready to get back to the hubbub of everyday life even if our heads were still in the clouds.

Love you, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home