Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Longest Journey...

The big move have started. Julia and I spent most of last night boxing up all my books. I was going to say "books and other stuff", but that would have been a lie; it was pretty much all books -- whether they were novels, games, or comics. It took quite a while, but it went well and almost all of them are packed away. I also have four boxes of books, games, and CDs to sell before the move. I'm going to do that soon so I can get the boxes back, I need them.

Jason's agreed to help me take some things to Goodwill this weekend. I have dishes, an old desk, a coat rack, a DVD rack, a CD rack, some bed frames, an office chair, two TV stands, and more to get rid of. By the way, if any of you locals are interested in any of that stuff, let me know. Some of it's actually in good shape and stuff useful.

I emailed to a bunch of people to ask for help moving and I have a small group who'll be there to help. I'm hoping we can get enough people to really make the whole experience pretty painless, so I'll keep beating the drum.

The nice thing about moving in is that we can pull the truck into the driveway and unload most of the heavy stuff into the basement through the garage door. That's going to be very, very handy.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments about the house. I'm really excited about it and it's good to hear you all like it!

All of the CDs I'm selling had only a handful of songs that I really wanted, so I put them into iTunes yesterday. My iPod is dangerously close to being overwhelmed, but selling those CDs means fewer to move, which is good. In the course of downloading the songs I found out that Adrian Belew is performing at the Triple Door on November 14th. I'd like to see him, but I doubt I will; concerts just don't do it for me. I also found out that Lindey Buckingham released a new CD last month, so I'm going to have to go pick that up. In case you don't know, he's one of the members of Fleetwood Mac. Personally, I prefer his solo work. He's a great guitarist and very inventive.

Lately, I've been doing a lot of writing on my freelance project. I've finally finished up all the characters and have moved onto the text of the book. It feels like I have a lot left to do, but then I look at it and realize that it's really not that much. I'm having a good time with it, though, so that's good.

Happy halloween, everybody! Talk to you soon.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 02, 2006 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't help you move, Jon! Those are always pretty good times. Ummm, the actual lifting and lugging, notwithstanding.

-Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home