Thursday, October 12, 2006

Exciting Stuff

Last night, Julia and I went to Jen and Hays' place to watch CSI:NY with Shana, Shane, and Cathy. It was pretty exciting because Shane and Cathy's company, edoc, was the focus of the show. The episode was called "Hung Out to Dry" and all the shirts in the show were created by Shane and Cathy. If you go to the edoc site and check out the clothes, you'll be able to check out (and even buy!) shirts that were made specifically for the show. Pretty cool!

There's information all over the place about the company, but the basic rundown is that there are hidden messages encoded in the clothes. They hide them in pretty inventive ways and once you find the secret messages you can plug them into the edoc site and it will show you clips about the band -- with the eventual hope that someone will discover who killed one of the members of Poor Richard. Here are a couple more sites to check out if you're curious.

The clothes are damn cool and I hope you like it well enough to support my friends.

In related news, Jordan, my old boss, who is one of the brains behind edoc, also has a new book out in a similar vein. It's Cathy's Book (featuring art and graphic design by the aforementioned Cathy with help from Shane). It's also named after her...which is only fair because she really poured herself into this a couple of years ago. See, the book was being worked on while we were working together at WizKids and when she was done with work there, she'd go home and do all the Cathy's Notebook (as it was called then) work until past midnight every day of the week for months on end. See, it's not that hard to lay out a book, but she had to design all the clues that come with the book, lay everything out, and draw all the pictures (Shane's a great artist, so he helped with the last bit). She worked herself to tears many, many times. I'd be buying a couple of copies of this book for her sake even if it weren't excellent, which it is. Go buy one!

Okay, enough about Shane and Cathy.

Things have been going well lately. I'm busy writing and editing a couple different things. I came up with a story idea that I'm fleshing out. With the added bonus that the story really seemed to come together in my head in a way that hasn't happened in a while, so I'm eager to work on that some more. In addition, I had a good time Monday night playing poker with some friends and acquaintances and walked out with more than twice the money I bought in with (only $11, but still, a win!), which brings my winning streak to four in a row, maybe five.

Roleplaying on Tuesday has been fun. Mike started a new series of Shadowrun games and things really seem to be coming together. Eveyrone is engaged and the story is interesting, plus there are some good unanswered questions that we're all trying to figure out how to answer. It's been fun and we've only played for two weeks so far.

By the way, National Games Day is coming up and some of the Seattle area gamers have put together a Seattle Games Day fest. If you're in the area, check it out. I know a number of the people who are involved and they're all good folks.

Julia and I are still busy househunting -- and we've been preapproved for a loan -- so if we find something good, we're going to buy it.

Okay, enough for now. Gotta work.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 12, 2006 1:41 PM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

House hunting? Did I miss somethin in the middle? Hmmm . . .. .

 
At October 12, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Jon said...

In the middle of what? Have I not mentioned this here before? If not, I thought I had.

 
At October 13, 2006 6:25 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

OK, maybe I missed something about deepening relationships, but I certainly don't recall seeing it . . .and I think I'd remember something like THAT! ;)

 
At October 13, 2006 8:48 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Oh, yeah, Kev, it's been going really well. We get along great and she's a real sweetie. I think I like her.

 
At October 13, 2006 1:27 PM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Well, duh . . .. that was obvious when you guys were out here, but buying houses is usually accompanied by little things like rings and ceremonies, but ya know we're old fashioned 'round these parts. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home