Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Job Accepted

As I predicted; I called my contact yesterday and accepted the position at Microsoft. I'm working in their marketing division on a six-month contract. I start in a couple of weeks, so I have some time to get things done around here before I go.

You'd think that I'd have plenty of time to get things taken care of around here since I haven't had a "real" job in the seven months that I've lived here, but you'd be wrong. For much of that time I was putting full-time work into the new company and for some of that time I was doing a bunch of freelance work to make up the shortfall of cash that resulted in not collecting a regular paycheck.

The new company will hopefully be fully funded soon, but I'm pretty sure I'll work the contract until the end (December, I beleive). So, anyway, I'm happy (very happy) to have a regular paycheck coming in again. I'm not so thrilled about the commute, but I can deal with it.

Anyway, I wanted to update you on what was going on.

Oh, and Seth and I received an email from Rob; he's in the Northwest now and we'll be meeting up this weekend. Hopefully that'll be the first of a number of get-togethers we'll have during the time he's here.

2 Comments:

At June 27, 2007 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats again, Jon!

I hope you guys (Seth, Rob, Jon, etc.) have a great time out there. Wish I could join!

-Scott

 
At June 27, 2007 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue sailor needs rum!
Blue sailor needs rum badly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home