Friday, August 22, 2003

Okay, you've been waiting all week for an update about life and the various happenings that I fill my time with, and it's finally here!

Um, I've been working a lot. Actually, I'm pretty frustrated with what I'm working on. It's a new product line for me and it's much more complicated than my previous line, so it's taking a lot longer than usual and I feel like I have a long way to go before I get everything right. Luckily, I also feel like I'm doing a pretty good job. My real goal is to wrap things up as early as possible on this, so I can go over things with the designer that had this game before me...and then make all sorts of changes based on what he has to tell me. This weekend (really just Saturday) I have to get a ton done because Sunday is the company picnic, and the first three days of next week will be filled (literally) with meetings. I have a lot to get done by the end of the week.

I mentioned the promotion I received earlier in the week. It is definitely a good thing, but I'm already getting extra work because of it. Cool, I'm glad everyone is accepting my new position and treating it as a real thing, but, lemme tell ya', I really don't need extra work right now. Oh, well, keep plugging away. I'm sure I can handle it.

Changing gears entirely; Dr. Chris from Madison is in town for the next couple of weeks. He and I had dinner this evening. I really didn't expect him to be in town until tomorrow, but he apprarently made pretty good time. He left Tuesday morning at about 9:00 AM and arrived Thursday evening around midnight -- and that included a few hours' visit at his sister's and a stop at a large-cat rescue place in Easter Washington. I invited him to the picnic on Sunday, that should be fun. It'll be good to hang out with him and show him around. He's still toying with the idea of moving out here.

So, as I've said, I've been spending a lot of time at work. I need to work on that. Since I've been here so much, I have very little motivation to really knuckle down and get a ton of work done in one sitting. I find myself being distracted with playing games with co-workers, checking friends' blogs, and any number of other things because I think, "I've been here for hours and hours, I deserve a break," but the breaks are starting to really interfere with getting my work done. Maybe if I could actually have nights to myself and weekends off that wouldn't be a problem. Right now, though, it is one. I think Sunday I'll be away from the office for the day, so maybe that will recharge me a bit.

Hmmm, I thought I wanted to go home and sleep, but typing this is really fun. Not necessarily what I'm typing about, but the actual act of typing. For some reason I really enjoy it. This, by the way isn't a new thing for me, I really like to type. I need to find some more of that elusive "free time" I hear so much about and do some writing.

Speaking of writing, it's interesting to see the blogs that Greg and the others from my old job have starting doing. Donna's is always very funny and can't help but wonder if she ate paint chips as a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home