Sunday, February 20, 2005

That's It

I'm not sure how two weeks have already past, but this is my last night of being a bum. Tomorrow I have to get back to work. I can't say I'm really looking forward to it, but it will be nice to see everyone and get some things done that I know have been languishing.

My editing project should have been a bigger priority sooner, but I finished everything I wanted to on it, so it's good to go for tomorrow's deadline. There are a few questions that need to be cleard up, but my work is done for the most part.

I just played a fun and somewhat frustrating couple of hours of City of Heroes with Seth, Chris, Matt, Kevin, Kim, Brian, and Kerry (the first four are here in Seattle, the other three are back in Wisconsin or Minnesota). It's nice to be able to do that. We don't do a lot of chatting, but it's still nice to have some contact with them.

I had a nice dinner with Shana, Shane, and Cathy last night at the Chutney's on 15th. Afterwards we watched some of the Homestarrunner DVDs they'd picked up earlier in the day. Fun stuff. Take a look through some of the Strong Bad emails and the other cartoons, if you aren't familiar with them, they're very fun.

I'm very relaxed right now. I don't know why, I worked all day, but I'm very calm and sleepy now. I think I'll go read the book I started on the plan last week.

I can't believe it's been a week as of tomorrow morning since I returned from visiting Jen. That's crazy.

7 Comments:

At February 21, 2005 9:32 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Hey, now I'm on CoH, too! Kim sent me the free trial. So far I've made Magni and Artillery MKIV. Played Artillery until 2AM last night. That game is wicked addictive! And those damn short clockwork guys are hard to hit at first!

I'm loving Energy Torrent, though!

 
At February 21, 2005 10:53 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Which server, Kev? I'll be sure to add you to my friends list.

 
At February 22, 2005 12:18 PM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

I think Artillery MKIV is on Justice, but I'll check and e-mail you!

Damn game had me up to 2:30 am last night.

I'm only level 5, but I decided to explore a little. Wandered over to Steel Canyon from Atlas and got my ass kicked. I think I wound up in the hospital five or six times just trying to get back to Atlas! I am not ready for primetime, yet!

I'm going to have to start teaming up with folks soon, my missions are starting to get tougher. Those damn clockwork guys like to gang up on me!

 
At February 22, 2005 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so glad you guys are still playing. I am as addicted to this goofy game as ever.

I mostly play on Victory, I have a 50 Tanker, 45 Scrapper, and several other alts. I would love to play a bit with you guys also.

I had been playing on same server as Jon and Seth, but no one was ever on when I was. My work schedule is very erratic so am on at all sorts of times. My global chat handle is @Knuckles , if you do not know what the whole global chat thingy is just type /chatbeta 1 to turn it on. Then you can /gfriend @Knuckles and I will be added to your global list. You can then contact me from other servers.

Please look me up, now that I have hit 50 on my main, I am creating a monkey barrel of alts and will make one where ever monkeys hang from trees and play CoH.

Tim in Green Bay

 
At February 22, 2005 10:47 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Hey Tim:

I think I have some characters on Victory. I'll check tonight.

I haven't enabled my global chat yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to clue you in.

 
At February 23, 2005 6:47 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Artillery MKIV is definitely on Justice. Definitely.

 
At February 23, 2005 11:46 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Kev:

I started two characters on Justice. We'll have to see which work better together. I have:

Shadow Sword. -- 5th level Katana/Super Senses Scrapper

Bubbbles -- 4th level Force Field/Psychic Blast Defender

(Note the period after the first's name and the extra 'b' in the second's name.)

Give me a ring if you want to play sometime. Oh, and I hasten to mention that the special DVD edition of City of Heroes is now only $29.99 at Best Buy. Just so you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home