Wednesday, February 09, 2005

And so . . .

It's been a pretty lazy week for me so far. I've done some editing, but only a few hours. I'm sure I'll be done on-time.

Other than that, I prepared for and ran the second session of my D&D game. It's clicking pretty well, but I'm a little amazed at how successful the players have been at cutting their way through a sizable number of bandits. There's been some . . . difficulties with one of the characters charging ahead and ignoring the plight of the other characters, but hopefully that will shake out. But, wow, do they need a healer. (Right now the party composition is: halfling rogue, dwarven fighter, goblin ranger, and gnomish sorcerer.)

Wednesday I started watching Seth's copy of The Conversation (which I'll turn on again as soon as I sign off here), went shopping at the mall and at the Bellevue Uwajimaya with Chris. Becca had asked for some pearl tea, but they didn't have any at that Uwajimaya, so I'll make the trek downtown next week. Chris and I got to talking about City of Heroes so we both logged on when we returned home and I ended up "wasting" a good three hours playing a character that needed some updating. Then I did a bit of editing, had dinner with Seth and Chris, then did some more shopping at the mall for things I'd forgotten earlier in the day.

I haven't been very good about not doing any work, I must say. I was in the office Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, plus I'd taken some editing home over the weekend. I've also been checking my email pretty regularly. I know, I'm a big dummy. But here's the thing; I've been working since I was ten years old (paper route) and it feels wrong to not be working on something. I have to keep busy, be doing something constructive, otherwise I feel like I'm wasting time. Maybe eventually I'll get over that, but not soon. The next few days should be good, though, I'm going to try and forget about work and everything -- just relax and have a good time. I'll let you know how it goes.

(Heh, see, I say all that and then I realize that even my "relaxation" involves doing work, since I'm taking time during my vacation to edit another product. I'm a weird one, eh?)

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2005 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Jon, you are a freak with a capital PH... But I only know that from revelations unleashed via the Table of Truth...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home