Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Yarrrr!

It's National Talk Like a Pirate Day. We saw part of an episode of Wife Swap last night that featured the family of the guy who created National Talk Like a Pirate Day. They switched wives with an incredibly anal and organized family that had everything labled. Everything. It was very strange. Needless to say, the pirate people were also very strange. But I think the big difference was that one family knew they were strange the the other thought they were completely normal. Guess which was which...

Julia and I saw Little Miss Sunshine on Friday. It was an excellent film. Very well written with a lot of great characters. I definitely recommend it. Go see it.

Saturday night I played poker at Tyler's with a bunch of his friends. I hadn't met any of them before, but they seemed like really fun, nice people. Hopefully I'll get to hang out with them again sometime. Oh, and I won $10. Woohoo!

Sunday Julia and I were up early to get to the Fremont Sunday Market. She's been wanting to sell her jewelry there for a while, but this was the first weekend we could make it. The booths were pretty cool, with a nice mix of all sorts of junk, crafty stuff, furniture (a surprising amount of furniture, actually), food, jewelry, clothing, and more. Unfortunately, I think there was too much jewelry, so we're probably not going to go back to sell there.

Feel like watching the first episode of Heroes? You can see it here, along with a number of other premeire episodes. I happened to watch Studio 60 last night and it was great. Check them both out if you're interested.

Okay, more soon.

1 Comments:

At September 25, 2006 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also watched that episode of Wife Swap, purely for its piratical content. I have never wanted to perform an intervention on a teen as much as I did the Stepford 13 year old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home