Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cleaning and Organizing

I still have a lot to do around my apartment before it's in good shape, but I have all of the Fiestaware cleaned and put away now and the old dishes are ready to go to Goodwill. The next things I have to take care of are getting rid of all the boxes that have piled up. I have a few from when I moved out of WizKids and a couple more from the stuff I shipped back from GenCon. That won't take much and they certianly take up a lot of room -- and they don't look so good. I'll get that stuff taken care of soon. Most likely between taking care of assignments for the new job...it's good to take breaks every now and again.

This weekend was a lot of fun. Julia and I had some time on Saturday to relax on Saturday afternoon. That's something we haven't been able to do for a while. It seems like we've been running around for one reason for another for quite some time, but Saturday she looked through some bead catalogs and took a short nap while I finished reading John Twelve Hawks' The Traveler. I definitely recommend it. It's well written and presents some very cool ideas about how a paranoid might see all of the surveillance we're under all the time. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Saturday night we got together with Shana, Shane, and Cathy for dinner at the Taste of India. We hadn't all been out together in a loooong time and it was good to see them. Shana's convention season is pretty much done now, so she's happy to be able to hang out again. Shane and Cathy are always busy with work, but it looks like they're in a lull right now, so they needed some downtime, too. After dinner we went back to Shane and Cathy's to play Catchphrase. Shane and I played against the girls and they kicked our butts, but did we laugh! It was a really good time. Afterward Julia said she'd never seem me laugh that much -- and that's saying something.

Shane and I have talked for years of working on something together. We have a comic that we started and a film, but now we're going to get serious about it and try to get some things done. I'll let you know how it goes, but it should be pretty exciting.

Sunday we met Shana, Shana's dad, Sheelin, and their friend Jamie for brunch at 13 Coins, which was quite tasty, then we went to the Seattle Center for a rock and gem show. Julia wasn't sure if there'd be any beading stuff there, but she found some very good and relatively inexpensive stuff that she was pretty excited about.

The last couple of days I've been busy taking care of bills, writing up contracts, and trying to get some things for the new company taken care of. That's all going well and Jim should have some good information for me in the next couple of weeks.

How cool is the new ipod shuffle? And, man, do I neeeeeeeeed one of the new 80gig ipods (that can play movies and some games)! For some reason I don't think $349 is all that much for that much fun.

I'll let you know more soon.

1 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

The iPod games are pretty cool. The texas hold 'em is suprisingly fun, as is the MiniGolf game. (Can't tell you about the others yet, though.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home