Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tripped Up

I had to make a quick trip to Austin last week for work; flew in Tuesday afternoon, had dinner, slept, had meetings from nine a.m. until 3:30 p.m., then flew home. Like I said, a quick trip.

It wasn't as much fun as it sounds.

The rest of the week had some exciting news for Julia, who interviewed for and got a new job (still at her same company, so there aren't any weird changes to benefits and such).

I didn't game at all over the weekend, but the upcoming weekend will be full of board games on Saturday and rolepalying on Sunday. I'm looking forward to that.

So, what did I do with all the extra time? I finished reading REIGN, which is excellent, and caught up on a bunch of comics, which have been sitting fallow for far too long. Saturday night we drove over to Bellevue to see The Bourne Ultimatum. We both enjoyed it a lot and it was nice to get out of the house for the evening. The movie was very good, but the action scenes were by far the best part; so visceral and "realistic" despite how over the top they are.

I'm typing this in snippets during the day, so please forgive me if this post seems a little scattered.

Monday was Julia's birthday, so we went to her parents' place for dinner. The food was excellent and it really helped her to relax before starting her new job, which was nice.

I painted another miniature over the weekend. I'll take some pictures soon and show off my mad skills with a paintbrush. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Last night (Tuesday, that is) the group created characters for the new REIGN game. We have an interesting mix of characters whose Company is called the Red Doves. We're a group of cult-hunters who have an inordinate amount of influence and connections, but not much else. I'm sure our power base will expand quickly.

More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home