Friday, August 03, 2007

They Say It's The Day After Your Birthday!

It's the day after my birthday, too, yeah!

I spent the day at work, then picked up Julia at the Bellevue bus stop and went to her parents' place for a nice evening of grilling complete with corn on the cob -- definitely my favorite food of the evening, although the grilled portobello market runs a close second.

I received a number of very nice cards, notes, and birthday wishes from friends and relatives this week. And Saturday we're having a birthday/housewarming get-together that should be fun.

To follow up from last weekend; Julia's time at Renton River Days was very successful and she got a chance to catch up with a couple of friends, too, which was nice.

We didn't game on Sunday, but the Tuesday game completed their current adventure. The next phase of the game will be run by another member of the group. I'm pretty excited about that because I'll get a chance to play. I don't think I've played Warhammer in, um, 15 years. . . ?

Work has been fine and the commute hasn't been bad except for Wednesday night, which was ridiculously awful and annoying and tiring.

Happily, my birthday and my wonderful girlfriend put me in a good mood. She's pretty wonderful.

Lastly, (and in completely unrelated news), the pdf version of A More Perfect Union is available for purchase now. I edited this introductory adventure for the new Paragons line for Mutants & Masterminds a while ago. This adventure should give you a pretty good idea of what the setting is like and how Paragons differs from standard super-heroic fare.

Maybe I'll have some pictures from the party in the next couple of days. I'll try.

1 Comments:

At August 05, 2007 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHOO! Happy B-Day, Jon! I would have sent this wish sooner, but I've been housesitting at Mom's and their pooter is CRAP! Glad to hear that you had a good one.
LOL Wait'll you hear the story about what happened after our call dropped last week! Call you soon.

-Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home