Thursday, September 26, 2002

In a way I feel like a slacker and in a way I feel like I've had a very productive week. Actually, I've been damn productive this week. I finished off a lot of things at work and met a couple of pressing deadlines with very little overtime. I have, however, skipped out on going to the gym all week for various reasons. Monday I had to babysit and do some writing, Tuesday I had a game to run (it went very, very well actually), Wednesday I set up a dinner and movie night with a bunch of people from work, and tonight I playtested at work, then went to see another movie -- this time with my boss and a co-worker.

Wednesday was fun. We went to Chili's (yippee) for dinner, then it was too late to go to the planned movie, so everyone took off. I and a couple others went back to work (the restaurant was right across from work and we'd walked over) and then decided to go see One-Hour Photo. It was very good, I recommend it. It resolves in a way I really hadn't expected and the acting was very good, particularly Robin Williams. The female lead was a cutie, too.

Tonight we went to see Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever. Blah, blah, blah. It was a movie. It has nothing to recommend. The story was weak and confused, some of the directing was weak (though I'm not sure what to expect from a director named 'Kaos'), the characters were cardboard, the action was flat, and it really didn't serve to engage the watcher. Oh, and it didn't even have a sense of humor about itself. All that being said, it was...okay. Just this side of bad.

The only thing I have planned for the weekend is catching up on the gym-going and playing in the bi-weekly Champions game. Should be fun.

The more I write here, the more hits I get for weird combinations of words. 'Vin Deisel' and 'workout' seem popular choices. As are 'boobs'. Almost any movie title catches hits every now and again. Other than that it's random things. It's funny and kind of cool that this is the first site to pop up if you search for "nothing good" or even "nothing good can come of this." I guess it pays to be first.

Tomorrow I'll start a srting of posts in remembrance of the trip out here a year ago.

Join me, won't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home