Sunday, June 15, 2003

I got a couple of choice emails from people about the quote I posted last week and I want to let you all know that this was said to me in conversation -- it wasn't the answer to the question, "Why won't you go out with me?"

The end of last week went well. I managed to get a hell of a lot of things done in and around my apartment in preparation for my cookout on Saturday. I rented a small storage space in which to put most of my product from work and a lot of boxes from my apartment. Wow. I really needed to do that. It's amazing how much more room I have to use. It also makes it a lot easier to move my computers into the corner of the living room -- like I've been planning to do for about 6 months now. Once I do that, I may even be able to rearrange my room a little and add another bookcase to my bedroom. A small one, but I can definitely use it. Is it bad when you have six bookcases and that's still not enough?

Anyway, once I cleaned out a bunch of stuff I was able to get down to some serious cleaning. I can honestly say my apartment hasn't ever looked better.

The only drawback to doing all that cleaning was that I had to skip out on a couple of sessions at the gym.

The party went well. I think there were a total of 21 people. I puchased almost exactly the correct amount of food and everyone seemed to have a great time. I was a little bummed that a couple of friends-of-friends didn't make it, but whatchagonnado? I was happy to see that Erin, a friend of some of the people from work showed up. She was awfully nice and a lot of fun. I don't know her well, but she seems cool.

People trickled out over the course of the evening, but most people stuck around until at least 11:00 and some even hung on until about 1:00. Fine by me, that still gave me plenty of time to clean everything up and still have time to watch an episode of Buffy.

This morning I slept in, continued to try to dry some laundry (my dryer has been acting up lately. I'll have to talk to my landlord about that. Very annoying.), had a really good workout at the gym, then came to work to finish some things up that were due Friday. Happily, they are now done and I can turn them in.

Now, I think I'm going to go get some dinner and maybe stop by Best Buy to pick up the fourth season of Buffy. Oh, then I'm headed into Seattle to catch Traces of the Dragon: Jackie Chan and His Lost Family. It looks to be very interesting.

Talk to you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home