Friday, February 06, 2004

I noticed that none of my fair readers have ordered any of the fine Free Shane merchandise. You should...all the cool kids are doing it.

Changing gears, Wednesday night I went with Jen to ToST (pronounced like toast) to see The Fading Collection. We met her friend Alistair there, but he was in and out a couple of times, so we didn't get to talk with him much. The band was excellent and I picked up their CD before I left. You can check out some of the A band called Mercir opened for them, along with a beatbox guy named B-Shorty. He was excellent. Check out some of the samples on his site.

It was almost 1:00am by the time we left, so we went back to her place, said good night, then I drove back to my place.

The last couple of days we've been talking about going to her house on Whidbey Island and it looks like that will happen this weekend. That should be fun. I've never been to any of the islands and I've never ridden one of the ferries, so I get to do both this weekend.

I've been trying to come up with something fun to do for Valentine's Day, but I've never been dating anyone during Valentine's, so I'm sorta at a loss for what to do. Shana had the excellent idea of going to see Teatro Zinzanni...but it's sold out for the weekend already. I still may get gift certificates for it, but that doesn't really take the place of a good Valentine's date. I'll give it more thought.

Tonight I managed to get back over to the Thursday game that I've missed for about the past two months, which is pretty inexcusable. I hate being the guy that only shows up now and again, but work is always crazy and I haven't trained myself to make time for gaming lately. It's hard to beleive that I'm not in one or more role-playing groups right now, especially considered that two used to be my minimum. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain this and have a good time with it. Tonight we played a game called Wushu. It was fun. Very freeform and it gives the players an unusual amount of control over the plot, characters, setting, and action. I don't think it's the type of game I'd enjoy longterm, but for a one or two-shot game, it was good.

Okay, now I have to finish some laundry so I have things to take this weekend. I'll update when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home