Tuesday, October 04, 2005

By Your Command

Lou asked for it, the game we played on Saturday was called Return of the Heroes. You can find more about it here and here and here... if you want to.

And despite the fact that the reviews are all rather favorable, I can't actually back them up. The game has a lot of interesting bits, but I'd have rather done almost anything else. So, Lou, what I'm saying is, it's not worth buying or even playing, really, but it might be worth watching some other suckers play -- for a while -- in order to see how it works.

Changing gears; I saw Serenity today and it really was a damn fine movie. I really enjoyed it and if you like sci-fi movies I'm sure you'll like it. Please check it out.

1 Comments:

At October 04, 2005 10:54 PM, Blogger Seth Johnson said...

I wasn't as horribly scarred by the experience as Jon was, but the game still leaves a lot to be desired.

If you end up getting it, Lou, plan on enduring the first time through. Clearly identify all of the several separate random game mechanics. Then, for your next time, decide which elements you would rather were player-chosen at the start of the game, open information rather then hidden information, or simply omitted.

I swear that if you can find the right balance that works among all those elements, there's a good game that plays differently many times in a row in there somewhere.

Not that I think the Nameless can really be beaten. THAT'S broken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home