Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It Has Begun!

Sunday night I went to Shane and Cathy's for an evening of work on our movie script. that's very exciting to Shane and I because we're quite convinced that this is the greatest movie never put to paper. I'm sure you'll hear more about the script as it progresses, but for now we have the outline on paper so we'll get started on the guts this week. You'll see t in the theatres sometime in 2007, I figure.

The rest of the weekend was actually quite full. Friday I went to the gym (good for me) and then went to see a late showing of A History of Violence with Seth. It was a very, very good movie that I think my dad would like (Mom, you wouldn't like it so much; too violent). It was a tad slow, but I think that actually helped to make is feel more real. If you don't know much about it, it's the story of a small-town diner owner/father/husband who takes out some Very Bad Men and becomes a media darling for it -- which leads to some other Very Bad Men seeing him and thinking he's an old "friend," which is where things go South. I recommend it, even at full price.

Saturday I went to the gym and even did some lifting (double good for me), wasted a bunch of time and did some reading, then around 4:00 I drove Matt and Seth to Mike's for an evening of boardgaming. I forget the name of the game, but it was a little painful, so maybe that's for the best. For those of you familiar with Talisman, it was like that only way more random. Yeah, you heard me. That lasted until midnight, but we also played a couple games of Blokus (which I heartily recommend!), but the other game still lasted a good six hours. Ugh.

Sunday, Sunday, what happened to Sunday? Oh, yeah, a late breakfast, more reading and timewasting, then dinner with Kevin and Kim for Kevin's birthday... then to Shane's.

A good, semi-productive weekend really.

I paid my rest today, which went up $40 this month. Kind of a bummer, but it's the first increase in the four years I've lived here, so I can't complain overmuch.

I keep thinking I had something else I wanted to write about, but now that I'm sitting here I can't think of it. Ah well, if I think of it later I'll post. Otherwise you get to wait. If you simply have to have an update of some sort, go check out Greg's pleasant stories about reading stories to his daughter or Glenn's very cool Disney photo blog. (By the way, Glenn, I think you should spread the meme of the 6-photo Flickr blog, it's very cool.)

More later.

2 Comments:

At October 04, 2005 6:06 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

It costs you an additional $40 a month to rest? Gah, cost of living in Seattle is WAY too high! No wonder there are so many coffe bars . . .who can afford to sleep?

=)

 
At October 04, 2005 6:06 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

*coffee

gah . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home