Sunday, October 30, 2005

Effort Less

Why is it some things are so hard for some people and so easy for others? Can anyone answer that for me? How do some people meet the man or woman of their dreams when they're 20 and others never do (or at least feel like they never will)? I don't get it.

What brings this on? I had a date yesterday (Saturday) and I was really looking forward to it, but there was just no chemistry, which really sucked because we got along very well, but I kept thinking, "she'd make a good friend." Bah. Annoying.

I make this post heedless of Phil's warnings not to talk about dating here. See, I do on dates somewhat regularly, I just don't write about them here, nor do I discuss them with everyone I know, because most of them lead nowhere. Consider them exploratory surgery; very little pain, you learn a lot, but you definitely feel something different afterwards. So, anyway, I'm still single and still looking. I just wish this were easier.

Changing gears... I worked on the movie script a bit this week. Shane and I will be spending time on it while Cathy is gone after next weekend on her trip. So far it's looking good, but I can tell I have some reading and research to do just to make sure I'm including enough, but not too much, information in the script. I'm sure that sort of thing differs from writer to writer, but I need to see more examples before I'm really comfortable with what I'm doing.

Gas? Still expensive.

Seth picked up City of Villains for me on Friday, so I've been checking that out over the weekend. Not too much, but some. The new powers look cool and I'm sure I'll enjoy checking out some of the other cool new goodies therein.

I missed all the Halloween parties over the weekend because I was out of town all day yesterday. That's too bad, but to be honest I wasn't all fired up for Halloween this year. I have no idea why. I didn't even have an idea for a costume. But I've already decided that for next year I want to get a huge group of people to all go as zombies, then descend on random parties! Okay, the first part of that was serious, but the second wasn't.

Okay, it's time for me to finish up sorting my Magic cards. Yes, I'm still messing with them, but I swear I'm almost done alphabetising them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home