Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Birthday Month is Over

My birthday was the beginning of August and Julia's was the beginning of September, so our month of birthday fun just came to a close this weekend.

I'd picked up a couple of gifts for her while we were on our trip to Wisconsin (a new blouse and a necklace), but this weekend I found a book I thought she'd like (she did), a magazine I thought she'd want a subsciption to (she did), a new purse I picked up at the Capitol Hill block party, and some money for clothes. The money came in particularly useful because we went shopping on Monday and picked up a ton of good stuff for very little money.

We didn't have any big social engagements this weekend, but Friday Kevin and Lori were in town, so we hung out with them. I picked them up in the afternoon and we checked out Pike Place Market, then we picked up Julia and joined Seth and a couple of others from work for drinks in Kirkland at the Cactus. It was a good time and I'm sorry that Kevin and Lori were only in town for the evening.

Saturday night we went to see The Illusionist at the Neptune on 45th, which was very good. I love Edward Norton (and Paul Giamatti). It was a cool period piece, well-written, good (and appropriate) special effects, and a nice break from the crap normally encountered at the theatre. Check it out if it's in your area.

Sunday morning we went on the Spirit of Washington dinner train for Julia's birthday. Her parents had won some tickets and the four of us along with her grandfather enjoyed a morning of too much food and too much wine. It was a very nice trip from Renton to Woodinville and back (check out a couple of new photos in the Flickr badge to the right).

Now I'm getting ready to play a game tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home