Monday, August 07, 2006

Actually Pretty Busy

Jim's been in town since last week, so I've been busy with him going to meetings, setting up assignments with people, playing games, and checking out some places around town. Right now I'm waiting for him to show up so we can go grab some breakfast over in Kirkland.

Julia was awesome about my birthday and kept trying to make it "more special" even though I was okay with putting things off until we get back from Wisconsin. So, we had a nice dinner on Wednesday with her parents, then she and I had dinner on Friday at 13 Coins, and she told me that my gift was in the mail (should arrive Monday). It's a mic and amplifier so I can try my hand at podcasting. I'm very excited. Now I have to decide what sort of show I can do. At the very least I'll be able to post some voice comments. I just wish I didn't have to wait a couple of weeks to do it!

Sunday I played poker at Chott's. I had a single $10 buy-in and walked away with $71. That was pretty cool. The cards definitely fell my way. Julia had a class on running a craft business which she absolutely loved. She was very excited and it was fun for me to see her like that.

I'm very seriously considering the whole laptop thing. Considering how much time I spend away from my desktop and how much work I have to do, I think the laptop is coming soon. And really, I have to remember that the computer I have now is almost three years old and only cost $800 at the time, so I've gotten pretty good use out of it. I'll keep you updated.

1 Comments:

At August 09, 2006 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will the lovely Julia also be traveling to Indianapolis, or just Wisconsin afterwards?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home