Thursday, July 13, 2006

What's With Me?

I'm in front of my computer for most of the day and yet I don't update. Maybe it's because I don't really have too much to tell you about. Things will probably change soon, though.

I've been having some good conversations with people about work. My meeting with WotC last week was good. They don't have a position, but they wanted to meet and get to know me a bit. Who knows if it will lead anywhere, but it's nice to make the connection. And I saw their offices for the first time in ten years. They were nice but seemed frighteningly corporate which was a real shame because I would have liked to see a much more creative and fun atmosphere. For as much as WizKids changed over the years, we always had a very strong sense of fun at work.

Julia was gone most of the weekend to a friend of her's that lives just North of the city, so I drove her up Friday night and picked her up Sunday morning. On Saturday, Seth and I picked up comics, walked around the Pike Place Market to look for some things for the treasure hunt he's participating in and then went to Jason and Liz's for her surprise birthday party. The turnout was very good and I had a good time chatting, reading, and playing games.

Speaking of which, Jason has an XBox and he showed me XBox Live, which I hadn't seen before. I was honestly pretty impressed with the utility of the thing. I like that you can download games from it and play with others around the world. We played a couple of games of Uno, yes, Uno on a console. Apparently it's quite popular. I have to admit that sort of surprises me, but maybe it shouldn't, many more people like simple, random "family" games as opposed to twitchier, complicated, and/or story-based games. So, there you go, Uno on the XBox.

Sunday I picked up Julia, then went to Chott's to play poker and really stunk up the place. I played fine, but wow did the cards not do me any favors. Anyway, it was fun and I felt particularly bad for Jason when he folded an excellent winning hand because he didn't recognize what he had.

Julia and are are deep into Season 2 of Deadwood via Netflix. (And by the way, if you're looking for a job, Netflix has a number of good technical positions open.) That show is damn good and I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of this season, then we'll have to wait until the third season finishes up and is released on DVD. Curses!

I got some good news from Jim yesterday, so it looks like I'll be dedicating some of my freetime to getting some things organized with him. Hopefully it'll lead somewhere good.

Okay, that's all for now. I have to go meet Shane and Cathy for lunch soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home