Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Downtime

I have a few moments, so here I am.

There's a house in our neighborhood that was purchased recently. It was/is in really bad shape and the people living in it were packrats -- the kind that have so much stuff that it overflows onto the front porch and lawn. So, it's probably a good thing that someone else bought the house and is going to put some money into the property.

When Julia and I drove by we noticed a decent rocking chair and bookshelf with a big "FREE" sign next to them, so we checked them out and threw 'em in the car. The chair's in a little rougher shape than we'd originally thought, but it's fixable, and the bookshelf was dirty, but solid. We've already attached a new back to it and I spent Monday afternoon painting it. So Julia has a nice, new bookshelf for her studio.

Rob is in the area for a few weeks. He's spending time at a nearby base for some training, so Seth picked him up Friday night and the three of us spent Saturday hanging out and playing D&D. It's only the two of them, so they each wrote up 5th level split-class characters (Rob is playing a 3rd-level fighter, 2nd-level cleric, and Seth is playing a 3rd-level sorcerer, 2nd-level rogue . . . if I recall correctly). I don't know if they'll finish it, but I started running them through The Forge of Fury. It's written for a team of four 3rd-level characters, but I think two split-class characters ought to be equal to the task.

The game stuff aside, it was great to hang out with Rob again. I think it's been two years since I've seen him. He looks to be in very good shape and also seems to be enjoying the work he's doing. I'm sure he'll be around a few times over the course of his stay here.

Jason missed the Sunday D&D game, but it went well. The characters were almost killed by an ettercap and its stable of pet spiders, but they managed to pull it out.

Tonight I have some downtime planned because the next week or so looks to be pretty busy. I'll let you know how it goes.

More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home