Monday, October 29, 2007

Buried

I've been buried under my writing assignment, so I haven't taken time to write here. Sorry about that. I'm bothered by how the writing has gone. I wrote about 2,000 more words than I needed to in one section and the section I'm working on now might run as much as 5,000 words over. That sucks, because I could have used that time to whittle down the 12,000 word section I have to start soon . . . and finish by the 15th. Ugh.

I took a couple of hours off this weekend, however. Saturday night was a Haloween party at Jordan's house. He always throws a big to-do for Halloween and it was fun. This year everyone had to show up as a dead celebrity. Everyone from Indira Ghandi, Steve Erwin, Jon-Benet Ramsey, Sharon Tate, Mr. Rogers, and Katherine Hepburn showed up, but I have to say that my favorite was Seth's Bob Ross -- the guy who painted "happy little trees" on PBS. Oh, I chuckled. And it was fun to see Seth with a giant afro.

Sunday, after a loooong break, we finally played D&D again. We didn't get a lot done, but we laughed a lot, so that made it all worth while.

The next couple of days will be spent writing, but then the end of the week will be a wash due to my day job.

Speaking of jobs, I had an interview last week that went well and I should find out their decision this week.

More soon.

1 Comments:

At October 29, 2007 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on that interview, Jon! I am very happy at my job, I must say. Very tired, but very happy. Soo, sooo tired.

I bought a real car! No more rubber band machine for me! I got a 2002 Ford Focus. I would have gotten a hybrid, but I'm not RICH fer chissakes!

-Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home