Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Powering Through

I've seriously overproduced on two of the chapters I'm writing freelance, which is making me seriously late. And I don't like it. It's funny, because I'm not trying to "over" write, but there's just so much to say that I run over the requested wordcount. I'll finish the second chapter soon, then start on the third chapter. As of this moment I'm about 14K words from finishing the whole thing, which should be doable in my off hours over the next couple of weeks.

I've finished reading Drops of Corruption (mentioned a couple of posts ago) and I've also finished (just this morning) Storm Front, which is a Harry Dresden novel by Jim Butcher. If you've seen The Dresden Files on the Sci-Fi Channel, this is the first book of the series of novels on which the show is based. Oddly, I've never seen the show. I'd placed this in my "to-read" stack a while ago and it just happned to come up now.

I enjoyed it. For a first novel I think Butcher did a very good job. He style is solid and flows easily--which is one of the reasons I was able to read it so quickly. If you're looking for another take on modern-day magic and/or another take on the prototypical down-on-his-luck detective, give this novel a look. Note to gamers: If you didn't know, Butcher is a big geek (see his bio) and you can definitely tell he's played some Mage or something in the past.

Okay, that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home