Friday, November 30, 2007

Go See the Doctooorrrrrrr...

It's back.

That horrible swelling in my throat.

It's been a number of years since I've had to deal with this and I'm happy about that. I woke up last night (okay, it was actually pretty fitful sleeping anyway) and my mouth was completely dry -- and I mean completely! -- and I had to work to wet it again. When I did it felt like the sides of my throat were rubbing against something, and they were; each other. Nice feeling. Like swallowing fine sand paper. Ah!

When I finally got up and got ready for work and tried to say goodbye to Julia, my voice sounded like I was talking with a mouthful of marbles and it made me want to gag. Sure, sure, you don't want to hear it, beleive me I know!

After I hopped in the car I called the doctor's office in Redmond and made an appointment so they can look me over, then prescribe me a mega-dose of antibiotics. I go at 1:30 today and I hope I feel better quickly. Thankfully, there aren't a lot of other symptoms to my illness and I feel basically okay even if the world seems to shift uncomfortably in front of me every now and again. It almost feels like an out-of-body experience, but in a mildly pleasant way.

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2007 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anti-biotics are good for bacteria... probably not good for something that comes on that fast. No other symptoms? You gotta get that checked out by someone well qualified for endocrine and allergy disorders.

Do the abx work? Ever not taken them? (What happens?) Call me...

MCRP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home