Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Post #800

Like the headline says, this is post number 800 on my blog. Since November 15th of 2001 I've been posting little tidbits here; mostly things to keep my friends and family (few of whom live closer than 2,000 miles away) included in my daily comings and goings -- at least in some way. By my math it's been 80 months and 14 days since I started posting, so that means I've averaged about ten posts a month. Now if only I could find a way to count the number of words I've posted in seven years and eight months . . .

In order to fulfill the stated purpose of my blog:

This past weekend Julia had been invited to be an artist at the Renton Annual Art Show, which is part of Renton River Days. This is her third year there and she was the only jewelry artist, which was good news. She set up on Thursday with her mom and then she and I went back on Sunday to pick everything up. It's a great show because other people are there are weekend to watch over everything.

We also took care of some other things, like stopping by the house to take some pictures (which I uploaded to Flickr on Friday, so check 'em out) and stopped by again a couple of days later to find they'd put in the sod for the backyard. I have pictures of that, too, but I haven't had time to post them. I'll do it soon. We also fixed the fridge at the condo, which was an interesting little project that I got major props for from my girl and the new tenant.

I'm still reading Scott Lynch's (excellent) The Lies of Locke Lamora and after stalling out for a few weeks I'm back into it and making good progress. Those damn D&D books took up all my reading time for a while.

Seth let me know that Rob is coming to town this week, so I'll be meeting him for dinner this week. I think he's going on a cruise with his family and he came a bit early to see Seth and I. Once again, I am excited to see a friend who lives far too far away.

I've started working in earnest on a script for a comic book. The last time I did this was for a book a friend and I were working on, but this time it's all for me. I'm going to write the damn thing and then follow it up with more and soon I'll be writing comics for a living -- or at least writing something for a living. I swear.

My birthday is Saturday. 39. Big whoop, I'm still me. Hopefully by this time next year there will be even less of me; I start taking good care of myself again on Monday. Wish me well.

1 Comments:

At July 29, 2008 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bwahahahahahaha!!!! I'm STILL a year older than you! My plan is nearly complete. . .oh wait, that means I'm old. . .dangit!

Happy Birthday! It's great that things are so positive as the Big Day rolls in.

-KRR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home