Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Deal

Okay, here's the deal:

I've been looking for full-time work like a madman since I left my last contract position at Microsoft at the end of January. Yeah, 5+ months of unemployment = Not fun. Especially when you're trying to buy a house. Luckily the house had a very long lead-time and Julia is very good with money, so we've been able to do everything we've needed to, but the bank was definitely going to balk about giving us a loan in a few weeks if I was jobless. So getting a job now was definitely a good thing.

As for the job, for a number of reasons I don't want to talk about it too much, but it's working in the Games for Windows area and it sounds like it should be pretty interesting. I start next Tuesday (the 8th) and that means I have a lot to in the next few days.

I'm still selling a bunch of stuff on ebay for some former co-workers. That's been great because I'm getting a cut of the profits. That's an ongoing process that I'll have to change a little bit so that the listings start and end on the weekends once I start working.

Last night Julia and I met up with her parents and moved the furniture out of the condo and into storage. It's nice to have that taken care of. But I gotta say, it was hot and surprisingly humid, so it was sweaty work despite the fact that we got everything done in a couple of hours using only our cars. We'll still have to go back and do some cleaning, but we don't have anymore real work to do there. Awesome.

Okay, time to get some things done around here.

2 Comments:

At July 04, 2008 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! You know we were all pulling for you!

- Darrell

 
At July 07, 2008 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! All the elements of my plan are coming together perfectly. I love it when a plan comes together!

-KRR

PS: Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home