Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whew!

In case you didn't make it to the end of my last post, the big news this week is that Julia and I finally closed on the house Monday morning. So, despite the fact that we've been living there for the last three or four weeks, we didn't actually own it until late in the day on Monday. The builder has been incredibly accommodating and really went above and beyond. The same can be said of the people at Wells Fargo, who really did more than they should have to get us some help due to the changing market. If you're looking to buy a house, talk to me and I'll give you their contact info. They're great.

After we signed, Julia and I both had to work, but we went out that night with her parents and her brother, both to celebrate the closing and because it was her mother's birthday. Chinese food in Renton, what could be better?

Tuesday night was gaming at Seth's new digs. I happened to notice while rereading the previous years' September entries that I started the Warhammer campaign two years ago this month and Kristian took over running it one year ago. I'm really happy with how the Tuesday games are going and it's been fun to play in such a long-running game of Warhammer. They don't usually last that long, in my experience, and some of the characters are on their 3rd career, which is pretty cool. Last night we dealt with recovering the Chaos-tainted fiancee of one of the player characters (Johnzo's character Otto Tack) who we thought had been kidnapped by vampires we've angered, but it turned out that she was actually led away from the house before the vampires could attack by our Chaos-tainted fighting cock Mr. Cluck. Yes, very silly, but it was fun. Next time we hope to kill us some vampires. Probably by burning their house down.

I'm thinking of starting a new blog to post my gaming bits over there. I'm sure that most of my readers aren't interested in the gaming stuff and I'd like to expand that portion of my writing a bit, not so much to track my games, but to get some thoughts out "on paper". I'll let you know what I decide. Mostly I just have to settle on a new blog name.

2 Comments:

At September 24, 2008 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there some innate connection between a successful WFRP campaign and vaguely silly small animals? I give as evidence your Ratcatcher's Small, but Vicious, dog that got the final blow in on the Necromancer King . . ..

-KRR

 
At September 24, 2008 12:09 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I hadn't mentioned it before, but when I was running the game the PCs hired a rat catcher that ended up being killed by a poisoned blowdart fired by a Skaven, and the PCs adopted his dog Nails. Nails was with the PCs a long time until they gave him to a family with some young girls who now pamper, perfume, and dress him up.

So, yes, there must be a connection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home