Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Garage, Part II

Following up on one of my last posts; it turns out the car may not be as hard to fix as we first thought. So, Julia had it towed to her brother-in-laws to have him take a look at it. They're going to put some time in and see if they can fix it -- probably for less than half of what we'd thought it would cost. And that makes the fix worthwhile for us. We're hoping to have the car back on Wednesday or Thursday, but we'll see.

Julia was busy with jewelry all weekend, so I got motivated and cleaned up the other half of the garage. Now everything that is going somewhere in the house is actually in the house. Sure, it's all in boxes waiting to go upstairs, but at least it's not in the garage anymore. As for the garage, it's now filled with a couple of tables we're goint to get rid of, all the stuff I have to sell on ebay (as soon as I find the postal scale), lots of boxes for shipping, and all my HeroClix that I'm not selling. Really, it's starting to look pretty good out there and I'm really happy with the progress I made this weekend.

Sunday (Hmm, maybe it was Saturday. I forget.) our TV decided it didn't want to work anymore. I did some snooping and it seems the projection lamp burned out, so now I have to replace that. I've already ripped the front off the TV and removed the old one, so replacing it will be easy. It's really just the $115 price tag that annoys me (and Julia). I hope this isn't a recurring problem. Those lamps are supposed to last for thousands of hours and this one is only a year old -- and we don't watch that much TV. Anyway, fixing it is better than tossing the TV.

Monday night I spent my evening moving things from my computer's hard drive to an external hard drive in preparation for reinstalling Windows. I've never done that before and I'm a little afraid of the whole process. I mean, what if I didn't save some important files!? I know it's just nerves over doing something new and foreign, but it still makes me nervous. I'm hoping to do the big reinstall this weekend. Hopefully that will solve the random crashes my computer has been suffering for a while now. I really hope that's the case.

More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home