Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Work and Stuff

Work ended last week on a high note because I was able to finish the six missions I'd been designing for the last couple of weeks. That's pretty slow, but I didn't (and still don't) have all the training and knowledge I need to create missions that work flawlessly. That's not surprising since someone from my department just stopped by my desk this afternoon to say he's been doing this work since the start of the year and he still asks questions very, very often. There's so much hidden information, it's a bit daunting.

Anyway, my missions were sent to quality assurance and they pointed out a handful or errors which I spent most of today fixing, then we had a playtest and a bunch of people played through them and sent me more fixes and feedback. That's good and all, but it was a bummer to see so many new problems come up. I was hoping these were done and ready to ship, but I think I'll be tweaking all day Thursday to get them in good shape. Bleh.

I'm happy they're basically okay, and everyone thought they were fun, so that's good. Maybe that's enough for my first time through, but I want them to be better. Gah, just a little frustrated, that's all.

I leave tomorrow night for a weekend in Seattle and I'm really looking forward to it. The only things on the schedule are to run an errand on Friday with Julia, stop by a friend's house to pick up a book, and set up a wireless network in the house so we can get the Xbox 360 hooked up to the Internet so we can, in turn, get Netflix t stream videos for Julia on one of the TVs. It's gonna be so cool. If I can figure it all out.

Okay, sleepy. Time to relax and hit the sack.

Oh, and notice: new computer results in (slightly) increased frequency of posts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home