Saturday, March 16, 2002

Saturday night and I'm at work again. Man or Moron? Not a hard choice. It's nights like this that make we want to move back to Madison.

I did some CD shopping earlier and picked up the new Bob Mould CD Modulate. I just listened to it and I have to say it's pretty damn good. I haven't listened to much of his stuff since the hey-day of Husker Du. He's concentrating on self-producing electronic music, but there are some signature things still present. Mould has always been a fan of the "wall of noise" approach to music and he carries it off beautifully throughout this album. There are a few standout cuts on the CD, but the whole album is a great listen. I look forward to his other two albums this year. Give it a listen.

The other CD I picked up was the Memento soundtrack. I haven't listened to it yet. Instead I've fallen back on Crystal Method's Tweekend. Good stuff.

Seth recently posted about a guy who posts his thoughts about the women he meets and his various issues to his blog. What a dumbass. As Seth says, if I start posting things that will scare off women, please tell me.

Admittedly there are probably a lot of people that really get off on having an anonymous yet public forum like a blog to air their thoughts(?). But, please. I guess I've discussed this before and related it to Joe Matt and his comic book Peep Show, but really, if you're going to do stuff like this do it in a such a way that someone can't just type in your name and find out about it. Or, wait, better yet, don't do it! Shocking, really.

Pop culture update: I finally finished watching all of the Fight Club DVD and have moved on to Forrest Gump. Say what you want, but I enjoy that movie. For the last few weeks I've been reading Emma Bull's War for the Oaks. It's good and the new edition looks great (it's the one pictured if you follow that link).

More later if I get bored.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home