Sunday, May 04, 2003

The weekend flew by. Friday night I ducked out of work early (for me) and went to the Seattle Sounders' (soccer) opening game with two of my co-workers. The game was good. I haven't watched soccer in forever, but it slowly came back to me. Oddly enough, I saw someone I know at the game -- and sitting with him was two other people I know! Pretty funky. Only about a thousand people there and I know 5 of them.

Saturday I went to the gym, did laundry, and came to work. Oh, man! Did I get some good stuff done yesterday! I rewrote a bunch of things for one of my lines that should really clear up some problems for it. It was great. I was able to spend hours going over everything and really thinking it through. It's impossible to do that during the workweek...too much noise, distraction, and people wanting you to do this or that. It was a good thing to get done. That was about all for yesterday, although I did go out for dinner with a bunch of people from work who live in the area.

Sunday I did pretty much the same as Saturday, although I slept in later and didn't do any laundry. I also want to report that I made some progress at the gym. It looks like I've dropped about six pounds in the last couple of days. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new period of progress. I could use it. It's been hard to keep motivated. I feel like I'm on autopilot at the gym lately and that's not a good thing.

After the gym, I came to work and wrote up some things to get ready for a new Mutants & Masterminds game I'm running on alternating Sunday evenings. Tonight we wrote up characters and that was about all. A couple of the players came up with ideas that were particularly difficult to write up in the system -- a random magical spell caster and a character that can duplicate the powers of animals. I hate when people come up with ideas that are hard to create because I hate to tell people that they can't play the character they want. Oh, and the other two characters are...lame. One's a big strong guy who works as the caretaker of a graveyard. The other is, honestly and unfortunately, the best character so far: The Ferrous Fox. He's a genius 17-year old who built a battlesuit. Please save me.

When we wrapped up the character creation for that I did a bit of surfing on the Web and now I'm going back, watching a movie (maybe) and going to bed.

I'll update soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home