Monday, February 16, 2004

I really ought to be in bed because I have to get up in about six hours so I can make the plane for my trip to NYC. Don't worry, I'll be going to bed soon. After I write up todays adventures.

Today, well today was fun but frustrating. I was able to sleep in, which was nice. Then I lazed around the house until about noon, when I called Jen because we were supposed to spend the day doing touristy thing with her friend Allison and her new boyfriend, but Jen hadn't heard from them yet. We talked and she decided to help another friend move for a bit while I got some things ready for my trip -- then we'd meet at her place around two o'clock. All went as planned and I showed up at her place around two. We talked for a bit, looked through photos of her trip last Easter to Spain and Italy, and waited.

Our only definite plan was to go to the Thunderbirds' hockey game at five o'clock -- and Allison and beau didn't show up until quarter to. Ugh, off we went. Arrived at the game late (only by a couple of minutes) and watched them win the game. Then we drove home.

It was frustrating because I had a lot of things I wanted to do today, but about five hours were eaten up waiting for someone else. It's not a huge deal, but I hate to waste time. I could have gotten a lot of things done in that time.

Done now.

After I dropped Jen off so she could spend some time with her dad, I drove down to Blue C Sushi in Fremont to have a late dinner with Garth, Laina, Shana, Jen, Hayes, Cathy and Shane. It was odd because Laina was back in town for a wedding and is leaving tomorrow to live in San Francisco, Hayes just left a company he was working for in Corvalis and had just moved back to town on Friday, and Shane had just returned from South Africa. Lots of big events. We had a good time and it was nice to talk with Shane again. When I get back from my trip I'm going to have to set up a night out with Shane, Cathy, Jen and I. Jen and Shane haven't met and I'd really like them too. Jen felt bad that she couldn't come tonight.

I'll update while I'm gone if I get the chance, but if I don't, you'll hear from me on Wednesday night or Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home