Monday, March 22, 2004

Tuesday morning of last week I left for Las Vegas. There's not a whole heck of a lot to talk about other than I had a good time playing blackjack and visiting with Seth, Don, and Andrew -- and catching up with some industry folks that I only see at conventions. I could talk about some work-related stuff here, but why?

Friday I flew to LAX and then took a $60 cab ride to Long Beach to the hotel that I was staying at. There were four of us at the show from work and we had about 25 volunteers, but, wow, were we overwhelmed by the turnout. Even the people holding the event were overwhelmed by the number of people that showed up. We had a figure that was for sale there for the first time and way more people came to the show to get it than anyone could have planned for. We did our best, but due to the limited number of pieces, it was impossible to please even a large fraction of the people. So, we ended up making a lot of people angry. Wheeeee! What fun for us!

Enough of that.

The only thing this means for me is that I arrived back Sunday night completely exhausted and ready to sleep . . . but I forgot that I left my keys with Matt, and he had them at home, so he had to bring them in to me at work. Anyway, eventually I made it home, got unpacked and slept for about 9 hours. A lot, for me.

Work was good today, but I got into a bit of an argument with a couple of people about a recent meeting. It's not settled, but we're working on a solution. It was funny because we rarely have heated arguments at work and this was one of them and it was right out in the open and I think it made a lot of people very uncomfortable. It was entertaining to watch people react out of the corner of my eye. It should all be fine, though.

Tonight I played a quick game of Legend of the Five Rings and a quick game of Magic, and then I had dinner with Cathy and Shane.

So far the new food plan has been going very well. I'm sure I've eaten some things I really shouldn't have, but mostly it's out of ignorance. Which is really saying something because I've really erred on the side of not eating something if I have any doubts about it.

My eyes really want to close, so I think I'm going to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home