Sunday, October 17, 2004

Completely Immature

Yep, that's me. Completely immature. Monday morning I start my new food plan and I'm committed to doing it right. I swear. The first two weeks will be hardcore, then expand into some foods that I'm really looking forward to. Why am I immature? Because for the past week I "took a break" from my last diet until I started my new one. I was actually pretty well behaved, but tonight I decided to indulge one last time, so I'm sitting here eating a very good napoleon. Totally stupid and immature. But, wow, it's good.

Once again, I edited a lot this weekend, got comics, played some City of Heroes, and went to see Primer Saturday evening with a bunch of people. Primer was very good and it bears a second and possibly a third viewing. It's very hard to get my mind around, but I'm not alone in thinking that.

That's, um, that's really about all. But that's okay because I have a lot of editing to do. Okay, time to get to it.

3 Comments:

At October 18, 2004 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, napoleon.

I miss the Russian House.

 
At October 19, 2004 10:11 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

If immaturity tastes like a Napoleon . . .. count me in!

Actually, from a lot of folks I know who are changing their diet (NOT dieting) I have heard that it is important to occassionally splurge. Not fall off the wagon, and not during a critical point in the dietary change, but none the less.

The reasoning being that if you don't eat that x once in a while you will feel deprived (rather than luxuriously indulgant) and fall off the change in diet completely.

So, how are you cahnging your diet? Going with a more South Beach approach? Or what? Studies are showing that a Mediterrianian type diet seems healtiest, and for most folks that's no real hardship. For me, I'd rather gargle razor blades, but different strokes, eh?

 
At October 20, 2004 12:27 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Right you are, Kev! South Beach is the new thing. Which, really, is pretty cool, because I love Mediterranean food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home