Sunday, October 03, 2004

Editing is slow work.

I've spent most of the weekend indoors editing and it was an annoyingly nice weekend; very sunny and very warm. The kind of weekend that I'd actually like to spend outside, especially since I won't get many more of them before it really turns to what everyone conceives of as Seattle weather for the next however many months. But, I was trying to be responsible and actually fulfill my contract for my editing project. Good for me. Stupid weather.

I wish I had something exciting to talk about, but that was pretty much my weekend. Oh, I did play some City of Heroes. Friday night when my eyes were about to pop out of my head from reading of the screen for too many hours I got a call from Jim. He wanted to know if I wanted to play -- and we did a long mission that took until four in the morning. A bit longer than I'd planned, but it was fun and all I had to do when I woke up was edit, so that was all right.

I manged to get about 1/6th of the manuscript done, so I only need about 6 more day's-worth of time to have it finished -- and I have a month to do it, so that's good.

I was secretly very excited today because I wore a shirt I've never worn before. A shirt I received nine years ago and have always wanted to wear. It's silly to be excited about an old t-shirt from a company that I haven't worked at for eight years (that's been out of business for eight years!) with the logo of a magazine that hasn't been published in eight years, but I was pretty happy about it.

I was watching something last night and it made me think about how annoyed I am with the diet I'm on. Given the paragraph above it seems foolish of me to speak badly about it, but I don't like that I've cut out so many types of food. I beleive balance is an important thing and right now my food intake is very, very out of balance. I'm going to set up another meeting with my doctor and see if he has any new advice. I'll set that up this week.

2 Comments:

At October 05, 2004 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advance Comics, by any chance? I still wear my company stuff when I want to be inscrutable. I've even still got an old Powerhouse Comics shirt with a Cockrum X-Men illustration on the front.

What are all the foods that you've had to cut out? Are you eating nothing but sand now?

-Scott

 
At October 05, 2004 11:05 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Right you are, Scotty! It's the old black and gold Advance Comics shirt. Silly, eh?

As for the food, I'm doing the Atkins thing, so lots of protein and very little else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home