Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Happy Birthday, Julie!

In case you don't know who Julie is, she's my little sister and today is the 4th anniversary of her 29th birthday. (You figure it out.) I don't have any idea if she's one of those people that don't like to talk about her age, I think it's weird when people are sensitive about their age. It's a fact of life that you age, everyone does it, so there's no reason to be embarrassed by your age. I dunno, it's just a thing for me. Anyway, happy birthday to my little sister!

I ran the fourth session of the World's Largest Dungeon. It went well. It amazes me how few encounters the thing has. I had to throw some bad guys at them just so the players didn't fall asleep at the table. Design-wise I understand that they didn't want to throw so many encounters at the players that they'd die, but the type and rate of encounters so far have been laughable. Seth and I are going to have to coordinate some more reasonable random encounters for the players.

Work. *Sigh* Work has been . . . interesting. Not because work has been hard, but because everyone in my deparment is seriously overworked, physically and mentally exhausted -- and all that adds up to very, very low morale. As soon as I can I'm going to have to try to do something to fix that. They all do great work and I want them to be excited and motivated, not burned out. Must come up with some ideas to help them.

I received my sample copies of Foes of Freedom today. Woohoo!

5 Comments:

At October 06, 2004 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To improve morale, perhaps you could try one of the following:
- Beatings
- Wild boar hunt
- Competitive dumpster diving
- Special bonus mandatory overtime
- Comptetitive mandatory overtime beating wild boars hunting dumpster divers

Okay, maybe something else would be more appropriate... I'm sure you'll come up with something reasonable.

Dr John

 
At October 06, 2004 7:50 AM, Blogger Jason said...

"This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun."

 
At October 07, 2004 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing boosts morale like a weekend office trip to Vegas.

 
At October 08, 2004 12:52 AM, Blogger Jon said...

I agree!

Who's with me?

 
At October 08, 2004 6:45 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I'm not in your department, but if you would have me along, I'm up for it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home