Sunday, October 10, 2004

Why no posts?

Honestly, I have no idea why I haven't posted for the last week. I think I've been busy with my editing project, work, and the odd game of City of Heroes. Oh, and some high-drama issues at work that aren't appropriate for posting here. I'll just say someone at work is having a hard time and I'm trying to help them out -- as much as I can.

Most of this weekend was spent editing and I'm just about half way through. That's not totally fair, I'm 70 pages into a 160-page manuscript, so not quite half way. I have to spend more time on it during the week because spending the weekends inside sort of sucks.

I went out Saturday evening with Katie, Kate, Beth, and Seth to Cedar's, an excellent Indian restaurant in the University district. I had promised Katie a free dinner to reward her for performing some of her music in public. See, she's very . . . neurotic when it comes to performing in public. Butterflies. Really big, ugly butterflies that tear away at her soul. Mostly I think she's incredibly talented and I want to encourage her to do what I think she'll be amazing at.

She has to perform twive by the middle of next month to get her very own sheetcake from Safeway. Katie loves cheap Safeway sheetcake. Hopefully her desire for it will make her famous.

Changing gears; I'm headed to the doctor's tomorrow. I haven't been there for a while and I'm curious about what my diet has been doing to my cholesterol and such. I just want to make sure I'm not doing irreparable damage to myself with this very lop-sided diet. I'd really like to switch back to what I was doing before. It just seemed more balanced than what I'm doing now. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2004 2:28 PM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

I think it was because you ran out of Post-It Brand (tm) sticky notes!

Man, those butterflies sound like Mothra! Get the mystical singing twin faeries here STAT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home