Thursday, November 18, 2004

Citrus Gum

For some reason I always get suckered in by citrus gum when I see it. It just sounds like it should be really good. I don't know how everyone else feels about citrus gum, but I assume enough people are drawn to the idea that they keep making it. The thing is, I buy it, I chew it, and it's never as good as I think it should be. Well from now on I won't be buying any more. I'll stick with more tried and true flavors, thank you very much.

I stayed at work late (1:15) and finished up the work I have to have done by Friday. It was good to get it done, but it wasn't much fun to be at work for 15 hours. Ah well, it'll make the rest of the week easier.

Another issue came up with the person I mentioned a week or so ago. I thik I was more angry about what happened today than I have ever been at this job before. I could feel myself about to explode about it, which is never a good thing. I talked to my boss and it's being taken care of. I hate to be a jerk, but I can't let this slide, it's just unacceptable and will result in a weaker product.

4 Comments:

At November 18, 2004 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you don't have the urge to keep trying salt licorice.

(Which would be weird enough if the titular salt were sodium chloride, but Europeans instead use ammonium chloride. Salt licorice is the only candy I have ever found completely unpalatable.)

 
At November 18, 2004 8:35 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Oh, yeah, I've had it. It's nasty.

 
At November 19, 2004 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT'S what the otherwordly beings are doing to torture us in their time of malignant repose! Killer candy!

 
At November 19, 2004 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we could have more food products made with non NaCl salts. Salt licorice is pretty gross, but a lot of other salts add unique dimensions to food. Lousy Morton and their damn NaCl lockdown. The good news is that a handful of startups in China are starting to make old-school soy and fish sauces with other kinds of salts.

If only we could get back to varietal grains for better (or at least different) breads.

Fire that asshole. Disagreement is one thing, but to make you mad, Jon, is something I know to be a difficult thing. This guy must be working at it.

RL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home