Thursday, November 04, 2004

Back to the Real World

After the past couple of days' apocalyptic posts we now return to familiar ground.

Someone at work has decided he wants to get into a pissing match over a completely innane incident. It's annoying to me because we discussed it, agreed and on the points, but then he felt the need to send me an email to rehash all of it. Argh. That's annoying. Mostly I think it's because he comes from a different corporate background and hasn't realized that crap like that isn't necessary where we work, but it really irks me. Later tonight or tomorrow I'll have to fashion a response, but I can't see how my response will sound anything other than snotty. And honestly I wish that weren't true -- while at the same time I don't really care if it does.

If the sort of attitude expressed in this email starts to spread so that everyone feels the need to send "cover your ass" emails, well, I can honestly say I think my time at this company may be coming to an end. Before this guy we've all worked together just fine. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end.

Tonight was the Thursday game and one of the guys is going to run a super-hero game. It's set a year after the Martian invation (a la War of the Worlds) and they're still in the midst of the war. It should be fun and I'm looking forward to playing a superpowered character.

I'm going to see if I can write something appropriate to that guy now. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At November 08, 2004 12:11 PM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

I originally posted this at Defective Yeti, but wanted to share. Aren't you lucky?

In reality, neither a far left or far right Government is good for our country or our liberties.

The cornerstone of US government is checks and balances. With both houses and the presidency controlled by a party working in lock-step on an agenda, those checks and balances fade.

We are best served by one house controlled by one party, the other by another and the presidency shifting every 4 years. This becomes even more healthy if a large dose of independants are introduced into both houses.

The staggered power is important as it forces compromise, compromise opens dialog and dialog creates cooperation between members of the opposing parties.

Bills take longer to pass, but are generally far more moderate and usually reflect the will of the people rather than special interests.

The time is now to begin campaigning for seats in both houses to restore balance. Now the US is like a bi-polar off their medicine, swinging into a wildly manic state.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home