Wednesday, January 12, 2005

That Forgotten Thing

Don't you hate when you think of something you want to tell someone and then as you open your mouth to say it, you forget what it is? Whether you forget because you were interrupted or because your mind wandered for a moment, or whatever. I hate that. That's sort of what I feel like right now. I'd thought of something that happened in the last day or so and now that I sit down to type, I find that I've forgotten what it is. I hate to even talk about this, but maybe it'll jog my memory. We'll see if I remember by the time I'm done.

Mitch's birthday is Saturday and I picked up a card to send him. I'll get that out in the mail tomorrow. I'll try for Priority Mail so that it makes it in time.

I didn't write about it, but last week one of my comic book heroes died; Will Eisner. He's simply amazing. One of the true pioneers of the medium. He was very intelligent, creative, passionate, and interesting. I'm very sorry to see him go, and I'm sorry that I never managed to meet him even though I was within five feet of him at a show. (He was getting packed up to leave and I didn't want to interrupt.) It's very sad and I'll miss his stories. I recommend them all.

My friend Will and his wife Johanna called this morning to tell me that she delivered a lovely baby girl this past weekend. Everyone is doing well and life if great on the East Coast. It was nice to hear from Will again.

I played Shadowrun Tuesday night with Mike and the group from work. It was fun, because we finally got a chance to interact with the world a bit, but the game isn't flowing quite like I'd like to to. Same with the D&D game, but I think that's limited by its dungeon-crawl format. Hopefully Thursday's game will be better, but I think we're starting something new this week or next, so not much hope of that.

I received some nice pajamas for Christmas from my mom and dad. They're very comfy, but I realize now why button-up shirts don't work well in bed; I roll over and the shirt gets wound up. Then in my sleep-adled attempts to straighten it in the night, I rip the material. It's only a small rip at the point where one of the bottons attaches to the shirt, but it's disappointing; they're brand new. Ah, well, perfectly wearable still.

Late night at work again tonight. I have three projects all due within three weeks of each other and the overlap means I have all sorts of work to do all the time. Happily, I finished up most of the set I was working on tonight, so I only have a little bit left to work on. Well, except for the rules themselves, which will be mostly consolidating and clarifying. Then it's onto the next project.

I've been making omelets for breakfast lately and I'm very proud of the fact that I've gotten them down to an art. Including the ability to flip the omelet in the pan! I risked my breakfast Tuesday morning and I managed to land the omelet right back in the pan. And I repeated the feat Wednesday morning. Woohoo! It really is the small things, isn't it?

Phil and I got a nice thank you from John Kovalic in his latest collection of Dork Tower. That was nice to see.

I picked up tickets on Monday to fly down to see Jen next month for a few days. That's definitely something to look forward to.

One of the things above, I think, is the thing I was trying to remember at the start of the post, but I can't be 100% certain. Anyway, consider yourself informed on the comings and goings of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home