Sunday, January 16, 2005

I Had a Plan

So, I had a plan with Shana to watch a bunch of movies that neither of us have been able to see lately. There are a ton of good films out right now and we wanted to catch up on them. Sort of a mini-film fest. It didn't quite work out that way.

Friday, Shana had to get here hair done. We'd made plans to hook up with Seth, Chris, and Seth's sister's friend's sister (who lives here in Seattle now) at the B&O for dinner, then see Very Long Engagement. However, Shana's hair took too long, so the two of us arrived late and we didn't make it to the movie. We did, however, have a good time hanging out and chatting with everyone, then we went to Half-Price Books nearby and browsed. That was fun. I picked up Tim Powers' The Drawing of the Dark, Donald E. Westlake's The Hot Rock, and Invisible Frontier, which is about exploring New York City's less glamourous places (sewers, the tops of bridges and buildings, etc.). And a very solid-looking copy of Castle Falkenstein. Mine's losing some pages, so a new one for $10 was a good deal.

Saturday I did the usual, but also spent a good five hours at work trying to muscle through a new project that would be even further behind if I hadn't spend the evening there. It was good, constructive time.

Sunday I had breakfast with Seth, then went to work again for a few hours, but it wasn't nearly as constructive. At six o'clock Seth, Matt, and I hopped online and played City of Heroes. Kim joined us for the first time, which was pretty cool. After that Matt and I were hungry so we had dinner at Red Robin before I took off to pick up Shane and Cathy from the airport. They'd spent the weekend in San Diego visiting a friend. It sounds like they had a good time. I know they needed a break.

Work has filled much of my time lately, but it looks like I'll have some nice breaks coming up. I have a trip to visit Jen next month, a trip to Vegas the month after for a convention, and I have to use up some vacation time in the next couple of months or I lose it, so I'll be taking some time off sometime soon to . . . I dunno, maybe clean up around the house, relax, go through some of the boxes in my storage unit, read, play games, work on a new editing project? The possibilities are nearly endless!

I should mention that I spent a few hours Saturday night working on a couple of new roleplaying game systems that I actually like pretty well. Mostly I just noted the broad strokes of how they work and how you do things, but they seem pretty cool. I'd like to play with them a bit more and flush them out, but that should be fun -- and there's no deadline, so I'm in no rush.

Now I'm really tired, so I'm going to go read and go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home