Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Lots To Do

Before I get to today's recap, I thought you all might like to read the latest in Monkey News.

Now that the news is out and I've written a bit about it I feel like I can write about what I've been up to without having to dance around the fact that I was layed off. So, what have I been up to exactly?

Last week I updated my resume because I couldn't find the disk with my resume from five years ago. That was a bit of a bummer, but now I have a cool, new resume that's all fancy. It actually took me a couple of days to update it and get all the contact information together. I also continued going through all my Magic cards. This project has been going on for more than half a year, but things have gone pretty much untouched since Julia entered the scene. Now I'm continuing the project. Today I went to pick up some new card boxes, which should help to consolidate the cards and make them easier to store. I also dumped four boxes of duplicate cards at the store, so they can take up room at his place and not at mine. Continuing my errands, I picked up some latex paint so that I can finish painting the display we made for Julia's jewelry before her next show. I answered lots of emails. I dropped off at Goodwill the 16 bags of clothes Julia and I pulled aside yesterday and then did a few loads of laundry comprised of what I was keeping. I applied for unemployment and read through all the material enclosed. Fun. Oh, and oddly enough I started a savings account. Get layed off, start a savings account... makes sense.

Anyway, I've been busy with tons of errands that take up all sorts of time. You know how it goes.

But, I'm running out of things on my list.

Tomorrow I'm going to get my brakes looked at, then I have lunch planned with Shana, Tiffany, and hopefully, Seth.

Then I have to find something to do.

I'm certainly enjoying my time off. And I definitely had a bunch of things to get done around the apartment, but I need to find some work to do. Maybe I'll actually try writing again. It's been a while.

Okay, that's enough for now. I'm going to go find something to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home