Friday, June 02, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

I've been sitting in front of my computer at home a lot lately, but I've been working on my editing project, so I haven't really taken many breaks to update this here blog. Actually, I take breaks every hour or so just to relax and refocus, but I typically read a chapter of a book. Last week I read the second Shadowrun novel, Poison Agendas. And this week I'm reading the third, Fallen Angels. They've all been pretty enjoyable and Kenson is a good writer who definitely knows the material.

The editing project is going well. I plan to be done with the heavy lifting by Monday. Then I'll send off my questions to the author and work in the answers as soon as I get them back. I'm pretty darn happy with how dedicated I've been to getting this done (I'm on page 215 of 273) and still managing to spend some time with Julia and go to work, oh, and sleep. I guess the only thing that's fallen by the wayside lately is going to the gym...and I've only skipped out on that this week. Overall, it's going well.

Julia's been awesome lately. I told her if I took this editing job that I'd need to be in front of the computer a lot. She said that was cool and she's been spendint a lot of time here at my place watching Battlestar Galactica DVDs or working on jewelry while I sit ten feet away and stare at the computer screen. Not so fun for her, but I really appreciate how accommodating she's been -- especially since I know how much she likes to be at her place with all her jewelry stuff and her cats. Anyway, things are going well with her and yesterday was our six month anniversary. How cool is that?

Work bought us tickets to see X-Men III: The Last Stand. I thought they did a decent job adapting the Dark Phoenix story, but I felt like they missed the heart of the story in favor of having a huge, climactic battle betweent he humans and the mutants. It really felt like it was "The Magneto Show." I suppose considering his popularity that's to be expected. That said, they were very, very close to telling a very good story. I own the first two on DVD, but I don't think I'll pick up the third.

I'm sure I'll think of more to write about as soon as I log off, but that's all I have right now. More later.

2 Comments:

At June 02, 2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Ummm, 6 months=Anniversary? Hmmm.

Oh, wait, what I actually meant to say was: Awesome! Congratulations, and many happy returns!

;)

 
At June 02, 2006 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, ever the literalist...

Congratulations, Jon and Julia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home