Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Preparing

With Christmas coming up I've been helping Julia with some shows, cleaning up the house a bit, and finding time to sneak away to do some shopping without anyone around. I've now managed to get all of it done except for maybe two items; one for Julia and one for her sister (for the gift exchange on Christmas).

I foolishly stopped by the post office first thing Monday morning. They opened at 8:30 and I was there by 8:30--the lot was full and I had to wait in the street until a couple of cars pulled out and then wait in line inside. It's funny because I really hadn't thought about the fact that other people might have stuff to ship, but it had to go out, so I hung out and waited. It went quickly enough and like I said, it had to be done. I still need to write a note to Grandma, but I'm doing that today.

My Sunday and Tuesday gaming has been put on hold until after the holidays, but I'm getting together with Chris and Rick on Wednesday evening to play Battue and Ticket to Ride: Europe. We usually get together every few months for a day of gaming with a handful of others as well, but we decided to try something a bit different this time around, so Wednesday night it is. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, and Chris is going to bring me an actual printed copy of the Iron Age book that Seth and I wrote together. I'm very excited to get that in my hands. It should be in stores now -- or very soon.

I'm still looking for a real and good job, but this is a bad time of year to be looking. I've sent out a few resumes, but I don't plan to hear anything until after the new year.

That's all I can think of right now. More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home