Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Doctor! Doctor!

I went to see my doctor today for a regular physical; something I like to do when I have medical coverage.

In the last year and a half I've gained about 70 lbs. In the fall of '07 I weighed 279 and now I weigh about 350. I don't mean this honestly, but I could kill myself. I was 34 lbs from my target weight and now I'm over 100. Ugh. So stupid.

For my health this means issues with blood sugar and insulin resistance. Plus, as an added bonus my blood pressure, which is normally about 120/80, is now 130/100. If that's acurrate, that means I officially have high blood pressure and may need to be treated for it. Double ugh.

I'm going to look into the lap band surgery, but even before that I'm restarting a walking regimen. In fact, I'm going upstairs to use the treadmill right now.

And that's all from me for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home