Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Single Best Thing

Last time I posted, I forgot to mention the single best thing that happened while I was home, now over a month ago.

The Sunday night before Labor Day, Julia and I were getting ready to go out for Indian food, which Julia'd been talking about all weekend, when the doorbell rang.

Julia let them in and it turned out to be Jen and Hays and their daughter Lily along with Mike, Sharon, and their two girls, Clementine and Vivian! And a short while later, Seth and Melissa! Julia had invited them all over for a surprise party for me since I hadn't seen my friends in so long.

We had a nice potluck dinner, talked a long time, got to enjoy the kids all playing together, and even had some cake! It was great.

I love my wife.

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2010 4:43 PM, Anonymous Dr John K said...

She sure sounds like a keeper, Jon. (Also, very sneaky...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home