Monday, May 20, 2002

Okay, I have to recap the last couple of days.

Sunday I got up when Becca called and we made plans to go wander Pike Place Market again. I was more than happy to pick them up from the ferry and go again, so I got dressed and drove over to the ferry. Unfortunately, I didn't know exactly where it was, so I ended up searching for about 40 minutes before I finally found it over in West Seattle. Nowhere near where we were the day before. Annoying!

After I picked them up we went back to the Market and wandered around not really looking for anything in particular. Becca eventually picked up a canvas bag, I bought a lavendar beeswax candle, and we snacked on anything that looked good...and there's a lot of good-looking food. Actually, we were pretty good about eating decent food. We walked from about 11:00 A.M. 'til about 7:00 P.M., so we had a full day of exercise. We walked through the market, all the way over to the International District and then back along the pier to the back of the Market and up. We tried some "bubble tea", also called "pearl tea". It's tea mixed with milk and some flavoring that has a mass of big tapioca balls in the bottom of the cup. Very weird, but very tasty. The "bubbles" are a little off-putting, but fun.

After a brief dinner of appetizers at the Pike Pub & Brewery, I dropped them back at the ferry and drove in to work to write some more on the articles for the next issue of the magazine. It's funny and problematic, because I've been writing copy for so long that I have a hard time switching back to prose -- especially when I don't know exactly what I have to say. I'm used to being able to expound on anything, but now I really have to know exactly where I'm headed to write at all. Argh. I'll keep plugging away.

Today I had a bunch of stuff to catch up on and did a pretty good job of getting things done. At 5:00 I picked up Doug and Becca, we grabbed some dinner and I dropped them at their hotel -- they leave early tomorrow, so they wanted to be near SeaTac. Now I'm chatting with Kevin R-R and updating.

Now! To work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home