Saturday, June 29, 2002

I've been meaning to post about this for a while. Outside my apartment there are a lot of bamboo plants (is that the right word?). They're fairly bushy, but as Summer has progressed and the sun has been out more, the plants have shot up these enormous stalks. Bamboo is one of the fastest-growing plants on the planet, so one day they looked like bushes and the next there were these five-foot tall shoots towering above the bush. Very cool. I noted them every time I walked out of my apartment and their rate of growth is pretty remarkable. Eventually they get so tall that they're scraping the ceiling of the suspended apartment they grow under -- a good 8 feet off the ground. Cool.

Then, one day I walk out and they're all gone. The landlord cut them all down. Bummer. I really liked them.

Now, however, they're growing back and are already a few feet above the bushes. I really like them. It's fun to watch them grow.

Wow, that sounds lame, but it's actually pretty damn cool.

I'm gonna go find something to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home